Millions of men know firsthand what inflammation of the prostate gland is. At the end of treatment, doctors strongly recommend that they familiarize themselves with ways to prevent recurrent prostate involvement. Among them, the prevention of prostatitis stands out. It will be useful for men who have not faced similar problems.
Primary and secondary prevention
There are several forms of prevention:
- Main. Its main purpose is to prevent the development of inflammatory processes in the prostate. Such prevention is required for every man after 30 years;
- Intermediate. It is intended for those who already suffer from prostatitis. The purpose of this prophylaxis is to prevent re -injury of the gland and reduce the risk of the disease developing into a chronic form.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home consists of a large number of measures that significantly improve a person's quality of life and protect him from prostatitis.
Everyone, regardless of his or her level of health, should lead a proper lifestyle. It is this preventive measure that can prevent a large number of diseases. Prostatitis is no exception.
A large number of men suffer from prostatitis due to an inactive lifestyle. Prolonged sitting or lying position leads to a stagnant process in the pelvic organs. And this is an ideal condition for the development of prostatitis.
To avoid pathology, it is necessary to do active sports, swim, take time for a walk in the fresh air. Gymnastics is no less useful, which of course you must allocate a place in the daily routine.
Normalization of diet
What a man eats greatly affects the work of his internal organs and body systems. Leading nutritionists share with everyone the secrets of how to prevent prostatitis with a planned diet. Diet has always been an important part of treatment for patients with prostate inflammation. It is also useful for healthy men who do not want to face an unpleasant diagnosis in the future.
Adhering to certain food cultures helps prevent the development of prostatitis:
- Eating must be done in a designated area. Highly undesirable to eat while traveling;
- It is necessary to keep cutlery clean;
- You need to eat at least 3 times a day. There is a break of up to 4 hours between meals. If a person does not have the opportunity to enjoy a snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner, he should at least drink a cup of tea;
- You should skip snacks at the end of the night and at night. This option is only allowed if the person works a night shift.
Men should make the choice of choosing dishes prepared from natural products. It is highly undesirable to include overly fatty, fried, smoked products in the diet. Monotonous menus are also prohibited. Harmful foods must be replaced with healthy foods that do not contain preservatives and dyes.
Proper nutrition will save not only from prostatitis, but also from many other diseases.
The daily diet of a man who cares about his own health should be enriched with fruits, vegetables, meat and fish products, as well as dairy products.
In order not to face health problems, you must stop drinking alcohol. Its presence in the diet is allowed only in minimal amounts.
The most important way to prevent prostatitis, doctors call a glandular massage. Such a procedure is allowed for men who are already suffering from an exacerbated form of the disease. Thanks to massage therapy, the necessary outflow of fluid is created, which accumulates in the acini due to the inflammatory process.
Doctors usually recommend finger prostate massage for men. It relieves the problem of venous congestion in problem areas and improves blood circulation. In order for the prostate gland to function normally, it is necessary to undergo a full course of prophylaxis, which includes around 8-10 sessions.
Protection from body infections
Prevention of prostatitis at home should be aimed at protecting the body from infection. This is because prostatitis in most cases is provoked by the causative agent of diseases of the genitourinary system. If a man is already infected, he should immediately treat the focus of the infection to prevent its spread.
Intestinal diseases can cause infections. This part of the gastrointestinal tract must be carefully monitored. This is necessary to prevent the appearance of constipation or diarrhea, as such stool disorders weaken local immunity. You should also avoid the appearance of cracks in the anus and hemorrhoids.
It’s not just intestinal problems that can cause glandular infections. Diseases of the urinary system are no less dangerous. Timely emptying of the bladder and prevention of overfilling help prevent it.
If the bladder is full for a long time, it will cause an infection in the pelvic organs.
Prevention of prostate inflammation affects a man's intimate life. Sexually transmitted diseases increase the chances of glandular infections. Therefore, you should avoid sexual intercourse with an unfamiliar partner. It is also recommended to avoid prolonged abstinence from sexual intercourse. At the same time, intercourse that is too frequent is also considered unacceptable.
Gymnastics and Exercise
Exercises for the prevention of prostatitis give good results. Daily morning exercise is good for everyone. There is no need to take pills to avoid problems in the pelvic organs. It is enough to do special exercises on a regular basis. It includes:
- Rotation of the pelvis in different directions;
- Raise the leg up and rotate it while lying down;
Such gymnastics will help increase blood flow in the pelvic area. It helps reduce the risk of edema in problem areas and stagnant processes.
What other exercises for the prevention of prostatitis should be included in daily gymnastics, the doctor will tell you.
It is best to see your doctor to find out a list of specific exercises.
As directed by a doctor, men can take medication to prevent prostatitis. They have the following effects:
- Prevents the emergence of stagnant processes;
- Reduces the risk of infection
- Normalizes blood circulation;
- Increases hormone levels;
- Restores metabolic processes.
Preventative drugs are presented in different pharmaceutical forms.
No less useful method of preventing prostatitis as a supplement.
Medications and supplements have contraindications and side effects. Therefore, you should not start taking it without first seeing a doctor.
Prophylaxis of prostatitis with folk remedies remains quite popular among men. They allow you to substitute pills and other medications that do not always differ in natural composition. To recover faster, and also in the future to prevent recurrent prostate infections by infection, proven medications will help:
- Pumpkin seeds. Raw seeds, which should be gnawed in small amounts daily, help restore glandular health;
- Onion charges. It is prepared from onions, which is poured with 300 ml of boiling water. The product should be injected for approximately 2. 5 hours. After taking 3 times a day, 40 ml;
- Herbal tincture. A popular remedy that many men love is made from collecting basil flowers, carrots and walnut leaves. The main components are mixed with each other in a ratio of 1: 4: 1. Next, the mixture is poured with 500 ml of red wine. During the day, he should be injected. It is recommended to take grape tincture 60 ml three times a day;
- Dye with honey and onions. Another useful drug that helps protect the prostate and other genitourinary organs from inflammation. It is made from 180 g of honey and 500 g of onions. The resulting mixture is poured into 1 liter of dry white wine. The drug should be injected for about 8-10 days. Once taken before meals, 60 ml;
- Chestnut gravy. The recipe requires 5 tbsp. l. chopped from this tree. They need to be poured with 1 liter of hot water, and then evaporated in a water bath until 300-350 ml remain in the container. The finished drug is recommended to drink 35 drops before sitting at the dinner table;
- Alcohol suppositories for the prevention of prostatitis with propolis. Before using this drug, it is important to consult a doctor. To prepare such a candle, you need to mix 100 ml of alcohol and 20 propolis. For every 50 mg of mixture, add 10 g of cocoa butter. From the mass produced, a small wax is formed, which should be placed in the anus at night for a month;
- Honey candles. Such a remedy can be prepared at home from 6 tbsp. l. rye bread (pulp) or flour, 2 tsp. honey and 2 eggs. Candles are formed from these materials. They were placed rectally 2 times a day for a month;
- Herbal tincture for enemas. There are many recipes for preparing such a product. One of the most effective is an infusion made from calendula, chamomile, arnica, celandine and plantain. The plants are mixed in a ratio of 4: 4: 2: 1: 30. Pour the herbal mixture with 500 ml of boiling water and leave for at least 45 minutes. Do not give enemas too often, as this can cause problems in the intestines.
It just depends on a man’s actions whether he is at risk of developing prostatitis or whether he doesn’t have to worry about this. It should be remembered that even a perfectly healthy person may one day face an unpleasant diagnosis if he neglects a healthy diet and proper lifestyle.